Preview the 2022 Honda Civic
The 11th-generation Honda Civic Sedan is finally (almost) here, and Painesville area drivers can’t wait to see what it can do. The 2022 Honda Civic improves on the outgoing model in numerous exciting ways, and its designers have taken their “Man-Maximum, Machine-Minimum” design philosophy further than ever before. We know you’ll love what you find behind the wheel.
What’s New with the 2022 Honda Civic Redesign?
The engineers and designers at Honda left no stone unturned while undertaking the 2022 Honda Civic redesign. Here’s what to expect from the latest model:
2022 Honda Civic Exterior
- A wider rear track helps to make the new Honda Civic one of the most muscular, aggressively styled versions of this compact car.
- Drivers will also notice the shifted windshield pillar, moved back two inches toward the rear of the vehicle. This elongates the hood and gives the Civic a more premium feel.
- Three new exterior colors have been added for model-year 2022. Meteorite Gray Metallic, Sonic Gray Pearl, and the exclusive Morning Mist Blue Metallic will all be available.
2022 Honda Civic Body Structure
- If the design changes make the new Honda Civic look more fun to drive, the engineering changes to the vehicle’s body back up style with substance.
- The Civic now handles more sharply and delivers a more engaging performance on Willoughby and Eastlake highways. This is due to an 8-percent improvement in torsional rigidity and a 13-percent improvement in bending rigidity.
2022 Honda Civic Performance
- Performance is and always has been the lifeblood of the Honda Civic, and this year’s model only improves upon an already-winning formula.
- Honda Civic LX and Honda Civic Sport models continue to feature a 2.0L i4 engine, but this year’s model will offer improved fuel economy and power output.
- Those who upgrade to the Civic EX or the Civic Touring will receive an even more potent 1.5L turbocharged i4.
- That’s not all: steering and suspension have both been re-tuned for the new model year, resulting in a more confident, controlled ride.
2022 Honda Civic Interior
- The 2022 Civic interior brings improved visibility, a redesigned instrument panel, and honeycomb mesh dashboard accents are just a few of the first things you’ll notice when you get behind the wheel.
- Honda designers have also paid special attention to the touchpoints in the new Civic, replacing older, outdated materials with more premium finishes.
- The 2022 Honda Civic Sedan now comes standard with a 7-inch central touchscreen. It’s larger than any screen that’s ever been offered as a Civic standard feature.
- The Civic will also receive an LCD instrument cluster display as a standard feature. The Civic Touring replaces this partially analog interface with an all-digital alternative–the first all-digital cluster display that’s ever been offered in a Civic.
- No modern compact car would be complete without the latest safety features, and the Civic is certainly no exception.
- Honda Sensing™ has been improved with Traffic Jam Assist technology and a wider front-camera view.
- Even the Lane Keeping Assist System® (LKAS™) has been updated. It now responds even more naturally in order to keep you centered in your lane.
- Low-Speed Braking Control is now available–for the first time ever on a Civic–on this year’s Touring trim level.
- Last but not least, the new front airbags have been updated to offer additional protection against traumatic neck and brain injuries.
Prepare for an Unforgettable Test Drive!
If you’d like to be one of the first to take the 2022 Honda Civic out on the roads of Mentor, all you need to do is contact us and let us know! We’ll give you a call as soon as the new model arrives in our Honda Civic inventory.
More From Honda of Mentor
Mentor drivers have a ton of choices when it comes to the 2022 Honda Accord configurations. Did you know there are nine Honda Accord trims to choose from, including four hybrid trims? But which of the new Honda Accord trim levels is best suited for your needs? Let’s take a closer look at the…
Just about any driver will tell you the same thing: picking out your favorite interior and exterior colors is one of the most exciting parts of buying a new vehicle. Whether you configure and order a model from the factory or you’re scouring local dealerships near Painesville and Willoughby, you’ll find plenty to love…
The Honda CR-V is a crossover SUV built with an amenable cargo hold and a cabin filled with the latest tech. Every box is checked for Painesville drivers that choose a Honda CR-V as their vehicle. Not only that, the Honda CR-V gas mileage is impressive no matter which trim, engine, or drivetrain you…