What’s New in the 2023 Honda HR-V Redesign?
Honda has started to tease information on the all-new 2023 Honda HR-V redesign—and we know that Painesville and Willoughby drivers are waiting on the edges of their seats for final specs and details! Although there’s still a lot that remains hidden, we couldn’t wait to share everything that we know so far!
Photos of the redesign have given us a very clear look at the latest model’s exterior, and news that the latest HR-V is based on the 11th-generation Honda Civic provides further grounds for speculation. Get up close and personal with the 2023 Honda HR-V redesign below, and just let us know if you’d like to be kept in the loop!
Honda HR-V Redesign: What to Expect
Striking Exterior Details
The 2023 Honda HR-V wants to be your weekend getaway SUV, and it certainly looks the part. Here’s what you should know:
- The 2023 Honda HR-V redesign is based on the new Honda Global Architecture, first deployed in the award-winning 11th-generation Honda Civic.
- Compared to the outgoing model, the all-new HR-V has a wider, sportier stance. The slim headlights and taillights (modeled off of those on the Civic Hatchback) are placed farther apart to emphasize this new athleticism.
- The roofline and the hatchback have also been resculpted for the same purpose.
- The beltline and the cowl of this vehicle are placed lower than before, improving visibility.
- The HR-V also features a larger grille, a longer hood, more cladding along the base of the vehicle, and more detailed chiseled paneling—resulting in a more dynamic look.
A New Design Philosophy for the Cabin
As with the 11th-generation Honda Civic, the new Honda HR-V interior is based on the brand’s new “Simplicity and Something” design philosophy. This new outlook is really the extension of the brand’s classic tendency toward “Man Maximum/Machine Minimum” designs, which prioritize the driver’s space and comfort while reducing distractions and clutter in the cabin. Check out our guide to the 2022 Honda Civic redesign to learn more.
Little is known about the 2023 Honda HR-V interior, but Honda has promised that it will have more cargo space than the outgoing model. They’ve also said that the HR-V will be roomier and more comfortable.
The latest Honda Civic also introduced a new infotainment system, and we expect it to carry over into the new HR-V.
Performance & Powertrains
Honda has told us that the 2023 Honda HR-V redesign “will feature a more responsive engine and a new independent rear suspension, giving the compact SUV a more confident, refined and fun-to-drive personality.”
Any further details would just be speculation at this point, but we expect the current HR-V engine to go the way of the dinosaur. Instead, the new HR-V may offer the 2.0L i4 and the 1.5L turbocharged i4 that can be found in the latest Civic. In the latter model, these offer 158 hp and 180 hp, respectively.
What is the Honda HR-V Release Date?
Although the model year of the all-new Honda HR-V is 2023, its release date is currently slated for summer 2022. If you’d like to receive updates or be notified when we know more, you can contact our team and let us know that you’re interested! In the meantime, keep up with our blog from your home in Mentor or Eastlake.